Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A DJ Saved My Life



This a.m., a DJ saved my life, to flip the words of an old secular song.

OK, maybe I'm being melodramatic, but Episode 111 of The DJ Wade-O Radio Show, the "Get Right for the Summer Mix," did keep me alert, refreshed, and in the spirit during my hour-long commute.

This is no small feat, I tell you. I drive on two stretches of highway that are prone to accidents, and when there are no accidents or gaper delays, you better believe the volume of traffic stays at high. This is a major shock to my system, after a 30-minute, straight-shot kind of a drive to my last job, followed by a month of not really needing to be anywhere.

Honestly, I have been frustrated with the long commute and have been trying to focus on getting something better, along with my prayers for a full-time job. But after I started grabbing the Wade-O Show podcasts to play in my car as my weekly soundtrack, I have been able to make the commute with much less grumbling.

What is particularly fantastic about Episode 111 is that it is two hours of banging God-centered music. Just what the doctor ordered! Holy hip-hop, R&P, Christian reggae and Christian Baltimore club-style music--it's all there.

This is a perfect summertime mix, for driving with the sunroof open or the top down, or if you're live at the barbecue. You could also try rocking it at the beach, or "down the shore," in local parlance. (South Jersey stand up!!!) Wherever you're playing this mix, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

Download Episode 111 and view its track playlist here.

Catch up on old episodes of the DJ Wade-O Radio Show here.

0 comments: