Friday, September 5, 2008

Check One, Check Two…

I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. I am a person who has wandered for years in a desert of solitude and supposed self-sufficiency. Without really letting anyone in, God or otherwise, I have been a prisoner of selfishness, self-absorbency, and negativity. I have recently decided to strengthen my walk with the Lord, and have slowly, brick by brick, begun to feel the mental wall I’ve built around myself disappear. I am still putting in the challenging work to become whole, but even the small feeling of liberation I have experienced so far has been absolutely amazing.

I am nowhere near the end of my journey with God, and I certainly don’t pretend to have all the answers, but I hope that if you are searching for the peace from God, which passes all understanding, that you will find information on this blog that will inspire you to keep searching for answers and to become the stronger, more enlightened, more loving person that God wants you to be.

We do not have to continue down the dark roads of external and internal hatred, of fear, of harmful pride that we find ourselves on. With Christ, and in relationship with others who follow him, we can find our way home, to our Father, and to unconditional love that we, ultimately, will learn to bestow on others.

At times, the topics I focus on may be heavy, in the form of book reviews or interviews with Christian entertainers and thinkers, but I hope to also lighten your mood, with holy music that will bring you the “edutainment” that is missing in much of the secular music that is put out today. Enjoy, and please contact me with your thoughts, feelings, and requests. 

0 comments: