Friday, April 24, 2009

And the Winners Are...

Here are the winners of the urban-leaning Gospel Music Awards last night:
  • Urban Recorded Song of the Year: Mary Mary, "Get Up"
  • Rap/Hip-Hop Recorded Song of the Year: KJ-52, "Do Yo Thang"
  • Rap/Hip-Hop Album of the Year: Group 1 Crew, Ordinary Dreamers
  • Urban Album of the Year: Kirk Franklin, The Fight of My Life
I don't have cable, so I didn't see the actual show. How was it? Do tell!

My 2 cents, from just looking at the nominees and winners, is that I would've pulled for Lecrae and J.R. to win, for Rebel and "Not a Slave," respectively. Lemme show them some respect here on my page...

Here's one of many faves I have from Rebel, "Identity."

Identity (feat. Da Truth, Jr) - Lecrae

Here's the video for "Not a Slave."

ViewMore FromRelated VideosCommentsSaveShareSend
ViewMore FromRelated VideosCommentsSaveShareSend


I liked that Life by Stereo pushed the boundaries on R&B. Hope to hear more from J.R. soon!

As a bonus, another favorite J.R. song of mine is "Tonight." Blame 808s & Heartbreak and those hipster rappers--these days, I'm a sucker for songs with some electronic spice to them.

ViewMore FromRelated VideosCommentsSaveShareSend
ViewMore FromRelated VideosCommentsSaveShareSend

0 comments: