Thursday, July 23, 2009

Twitter-Worthy Reviews

Hey all,

The good news in urban Christian music is that there are a lot of fantastic releases coming out. The bad news for me personally (and maybe you too?) is that it's hard to keep up with everything. It's even harder for me to write about everything to the extent that I'm accustomed to when I need to work, want to maximize my family time, and have to pursue a stronger relationship with my Father.

So, in the spirit of the Twitterverse, where brevity rules, I'm going to try something new with reviews: A 140-words-or-less overview (yeah, I'm cheating a bit, but have you seen what you get for 140 characters???) and a bullet list of my fave tracks, with a description of 5 words or less, a nod to the acceptance speech requirement for the Webby Awards. Most reviews will be of new songs and albums, but I may also do "late pass" reviews, where I focus in on something not so new that I loved. I typically focus on the albums and songs that I like when I post about them, so the reviews will literally be short and sweet.

I should be posting my first Music Brief later today, on Mali Music's recent release, "The 2econd Coming."

0 comments: