Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Reach Records: Lecrae's Rebel Saves a Life

Reach Records recently sent out a press release recounting the testimony of someone who listened to Lecrae's acclaimed album, Rebel, and decided to give his life another chance. The communication appears below in its entirety:

Hey Lecrae,

I dont know if you check this or not. But I just heard your new album front to back. Im not gonna lie to you. Im kinda drunk right now. Ive been battling with the existence of God, and with trying to fill my life with things of this world and they werent getting the job done that I wanted them too. So I began to give up. I had thoughts of Suicide. I didnt want to be alive.

I started drinking after a year break from it. Tonight or soon to come was the time I was gonna end me. I guess I hadnt done it yet because I had a 
gut feeling that there is something missing that I havent tried yet to fill me with. 

I heard 'Indwelling Sin' and it saved me. It straight up saved my life. I heard the song as you having a conversation with Sin. I dont know if thats how you wrote it. But after hearing you shut down sin in that song, and rebelling against it, gave me a spark of hope. I felt dirty all over, like I was covered in mud. I got in the shower (but you cant wash off alcohol sadly enough) and for the 40 min I was in there I just let the water hit me as I thought. And I found a comfort 
place in my heart to make the decisions I need to to be happy and live a better full life.

Thank you again bro....You are a savior to me....but you have helped me get one step closer to opening up to the true savior...again. 

Much love

God is truly moving!!! Don't keep this inspirational album to yourself. Share it out with your friends who don't know or don't listen to holy hip-hop. 



0 comments: