Thursday, May 14, 2009

Encouragement for Tough Times

This was a great Twitter post I saw from HolyRidaz yesterday:
"Swine flu, bad economy plenty of things to worry bout right? Read & Meditate on Psalms 91, Thank Him and the Rest in Him!"
Check out the passage for yourself here, in NIV.

How comforting is it to remember that "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge." If you have been downsized, deselected, or any polite synonym of "fired" that your company has created, a reminder that through God's mercy "You will not fear the terror of the night" is reassuring. This particularly hit home for me--my sleeping habits did change after my layoff. I found myself unable to stay asleep, with all kinds of thoughts running wildly through my mind.

If you find yourself in this bad place, just stop everything and pray. "He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him," the passage reminds us. How's that for a sleeping pill?

0 comments: