Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pigs Must Be Flying Today...


I just did something I vowed I'd never do...

I signed up for Twitter last night. (I'm @dcangah.)

I heard of Twitter a while back and wrote it off as just another time-trap on the Internet. I like keeping up with technology, but I have my limits. (Case in point: Still no Internet on my Blackberry. And no iPhone, either. Tell Apple to holla at me when they come up with an 80-gig or better iPhone to replace my iPod.) My husband knows I can be a grumpy old-timer over this stuff, like Redman's old man alter ego Uncle Quilly.

What happened? Friends and other folks I've met through recent networking have lured me over to what I heretofore called the Dark Side. The person who finally convinced me was ya boy Sketch the Journalist.

You know what? I am going to have to hold myself back from spending a lot of time on Twitter, but it is useful. I have learned about what different artists (and publications covering them) are up to, and I've heard some good music. (Will post one thing in a minute.) Twitter has a love-it-or-hate-it reputation, and right now I gotta get my Justin Timberlake on and say I'm lovin' it. Never saw that one coming.

0 comments: