Thursday, May 14, 2009

Issachar Concert Hits Philly in June


Just saw this on Da South. I think I'll have to convince hubby to go with me!

The Issachar Live concert is presented by Cross Movement Records, hosted by Ron Jacob, and features John Wells--The Tonic, R-Swift and Everyday Process, with special guests k-Drama, J.A.Z, "and many more."

The concert goes down on Saturday, June 13, at the World Cafe Live, 3025 Walnut St. [No info. on the time; I'll get back to you on that.] Tickets are just $12, but you can also make a donation to go along with the ticket price. Donations go to Chosen 300 Ministries, Inc., an organization that feeds the homeless and provides other services to this population, offers re-release classes for people who were in jail, and also hosts programs of value for inner city youth.

At the end of my workday I used to drive by one of the places where Chosen 300 feeds people (1116 Spring Garden St.), and I know they are putting in work, with folks lining up at the door. If you can't go to the concert, you can still donate here.

UPDATE: I learned from Cross Movement Records that the concert starts at 6 p.m.

0 comments: